The EV secretariat at the Institute of Public Health, Bangalore and the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp would like to provide an opportunity for young to
The call is open only for alumni of the Emerging Voices for Global Health programme from one of the cohorts between 2010-2018.
1. Be an EV alumnus (from 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 or 2018)
2. One-pager on a project: Present the project you want to work on for a few months in a one-pager.
The call aims in particular (but not exclusively) for:
– EV alumni working on the themes
– EV alumni who want to work on and for the EV network (together with the EV secretariat)
But other projects are also possible, for
4. Short motivation letter focusing on how this may help you in your public health career (max 400 words)
A small committee, consisting of Dorcus Kiwanuka (EV chair), a few other EV governance members and Wim Van Damme (ITM) will assess the projects and identify 2 or 3 EV alumni for the residency programme in 2019.
As needed, the residency will include travel & accommodation support and possibly a living allowance. Successful applicants shall be invited as EV-residents to the ITM for 2 or 3 months. Residency is extendable up to 6 months in special cases on mutual agreement.
EV residents can also join some of the classes taking place in Antwerp, get in touch with faculty on their research projects, join unit meetings and participate in other events at ITM during their residency.
If interested, send a one-page (providing details of your suggested project), a short motivation letter and your cv to Annelies De Potter – firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for the call: January 25 (Antwerp)