The Second Global Symposium on Health Systems Research took place early November 2012 in Beijing. In view of the success of the Emerging Voices 2010 (EV2010) the WHO Alliance of Health Policy and Systems Research encourages an Emerging Voices 2012 track.
The selection process, which was integrated in the Second Global Symposium on Health Systems Research call for abstracts, we received 300 applications, of which 50 EV 2012s were selected.
Those selected were invited to participate in the full Emerging Voices program that was organized in Beijing, jointly with Peking University Health Science Center, and summarized in the EV2012 Practicalities.
Objectives of Emerging Voices 2012 Track
- To facilitate participation of young health professionals and researchers in a public conference;
- To introduce young health professionals and researchers to the Chinese health system;
- To introduce and advance young health professionals and researchers’ content knowledge about global health governance, health systems research and other related topics;
- To enhance young health professionals and researchers’ writing skills towards publication (peer-reviewed publications, social media, blogs…).
Expected Outputs of the Emerging Voices 2012
- An abstract/poster presentation
- An oral presentation
- A publication (e.g. through BMJ Open before the symposium and in peer-reviewed journals after the symposium)
Check out the pictures
Symposium Day 1 (below)
Culture Day (visiting the Summer Palace)